Work with us
Ainslie and Gorman offers a challenging and exciting environment for arts professionals with the ambition to make a difference.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Marketing Coordinator to work on the organisation’s marketing, promotions and communication activities. This is a temporary back-fill maternity role/position.
ABOUT AINSLIE AND GORMAN ARTS CENTRES (A+G)
Ainslie and Gorman Arts centres is managed by Arts Capital, a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee and registered charity. Ainslie and Gorman are two heritage-listed ACT Government arts facilities in Canberra’s inner city. With more than 40 resident artists and organisations, and more than 200,000 visitors a year, the centres play a vital role in the ACT arts sector. Innovative programming, rapid growth in utilisation, and a comprehensive business plan to revitalise the centres have culminated in new governance arrangements in 2020.
We provide a diverse and eclectic range of arts activities to the public, from music to theatre to contemporary arts and dance, as well as studio and co-working space for residents (arts organisations, artists and aligned creative practices). We work closely with many of our residents in the delivery of their public workshops, programs and events at our venues as well as coordinating COVID-safe events for visiting and local arts and community groups.
The Marketing Coordinator is a dedicated and enthusiastic person who assists with the organisation’s marketing, promotions and communication activities supporting the Marketing and Communications Manager and the broader team to achieve strategic organisational outcomes.
FOCUS OF DUTIES
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and promoting the Arts Capital brand, A+G brand and associated events/programs, design and execute marketing plans, and schedule responsive communications. This role reports to and works closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to support marketing outputs in-line with the organisation’s overall strategic goals.
This is an essential role in a small marketing team and is responsible for smooth communications of the centres’ activities to A+G residents/tenants, third party hirers, sponsors, VIPs and the general public. A positive, proactive working relationship needs to be maintained with all key stakeholders. This position requires an ability to work independently and with a high level of creative input to overall marketing objectives.
- Maintain and update Arts Capital, A+G and Gorman Commons websites (WordPress), including the calendar of events, resident profiles and general news posts.
- Assist the Marketing and Communications Manager to plan and implement communications campaigns and design briefs
- Manage A+G’s social media accounts by executing relevant campaigns and scheduling engaging content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter under the direction of the Marketing & Communications Manager
- Assist with managing media and drafting media releases when required
- Assist Marketing and Communications Manager to manage external design services when necessary.
- Draft copy, design and distribute A+G Resident Bulletin and Directors Message eDM using Mailchimp. Manage A+G subscriber lists and segmentation.
- Liaise with variety of constituents including staff, resident/tenants, event hirers to obtain, create and publish A+G and event content for online and print advertising/marketing.
- Liaise with A+G residents and manage on-going building signage under the direction of the Marketing and Communications Manager
- Create, coordinate and analyse data related to but not limited to, audience/ticketing statistics, resident surveys, social media hits and collating media logs for planning and reporting purposes.
- Create and submit events and news content to various marketing avenues such as artsACT, gig guides, major media platforms and Visit Canberra.
- Manage and maintain the Arts Capital and A+G image libraries
- Maintain the Contact Database (Microsoft Access) with the Administration Officers to ensure A+G mailing lists are up to date.
The Marketing Coordinator will also undertake other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Marketing and Communications Manager.
The Marketing Coordinator will work onsite at Gorman Arts Centre and Ainslie Arts Centre. The majority of the work duties are desk-bound in nature and the position requires a typical standard of fitness and mobility.
Arts Capital Limited is an equal opportunity workplace. We strongly encourage applications by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, people with disability, and people from the LGBTIQA+ community.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible workplace that respects individual needs, empowers people, and supports health and wellbeing. We offer flexible hours to manage family commitments and we respect the flexibility needs of employees who are also artists.
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
This is a temporary position to cover parental leave 10 month part-time contract position, commencing early March 2021, with a three-month probation period.
This is a 30 hour per week role, to be worked over four business days, Monday to Friday. Exact spread of hours and days is flexible and will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Remuneration is calculated pro rata on a base salary of $55,000 + 10% superannuation contribution
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with websites and social media platforms
- Demonstrated experience working on social media or fundraising campaigns
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating marketing strategies and activities
- Experience with audience segmentation for eDMs
- A solid knowledge of google analytics and SEO optimisation
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign.
- Experience with copywriting or editing.
- Qualification in Marketing/Communications
- An interest in, and knowledge of the arts in Canberra.
- Cover page indicating suitability for role (pdf, max one A4 page)
- Selection Criteria response (pdf, max two A4 pages. Note the response can be either itemised or a summary).
- Curriculum Vitae including two references (pdf)
Please email submission requirements, with the job title and your name in the email subject heading, by 12 midnight Sunday 16 January 2022 to: email@example.com
Any Question please contact Kristi Monfries, Marketing & Communications Manager, (02) 6182 0000, firstname.lastname@example.org