NIDA Open: Stage and Screen School (grades 3-6)
- VENUE: Ainslie Arts Centre
- COST: $515 ($463.50 with earlybird discount, valid for 4 weeks before course start)
- BOOKINGS: Via NIDA's website
- PRESENTER: NIDA
- WHEN: 10am to 5pm
22 January 2018 - 25 January 2018
Spend a week exploring performance for both stage and screen in this practical introduction to acting. Develop skills in improvisation, text analysis and script work then apply these skills to an on-screen performance. This course includes a session on auditions and screen tests. Present live and recorded scenes at the end of the week for family and friends.
- Craft: Participate in improvised scene work to develop basic acting and improvisation technique
- Technique – Practice acting to camera techniques. Discover the difference between live and recorded performance craft.
- Text interpretation: Bring to life through the application of acting technique a short written text for live and recorded performance.
- Character Development: Develop and record a character from a scripted scene.
Audition Practice: Participate in simulated live auditions and screen tests.