NIDA Open: Acting Boot Camp (grades 7-10)
- VENUE: Ainslie Arts Centre
- COST: $335 ($301.50 with earlybird discount, valid for 4 weeks before course start)
- BOOKINGS: Via NIDA website
- PRESENTER: NIDA
- WHEN: 10am to 5pm
27 January 2018 - 28 January 2018
A fast-paced intensive course for acting recruits: build skills in fundamental acting technique including improvisation, character development and scenework. Perform scenes for family and friends at the end of the course.
- Spontaneity: Explore stories, ideas and narrative scene work through improvisation.
- Creative Expression: Participate in fun and engaging acting exercises to develop new creative ideas with others.
- Text analysis: Bring to life through the application of acting technique a short written text for live performance.
- Character Development: Develop a character from a scripted scene for life performance.
- Stage Craft: Consider the elements that contribute to the physical realization of a live performance.