Gang Gang Twang
- VENUE: Ainslie Arts Centre : Ainslie Main Hall
- COST: Free
- PRESENTER: The Ukulele Republic of Canberra
- WHEN: 1pm to 7pm
6 May 2017
The Ukulele Republic of Canberra (URoC) is celebrating 10 years in May 2017, by holding a mini uke festival, Gang Gang Twang, referencing the local cockatoo. They’re inviting ukulele groups from all around the ACT to join in celebration of the beautiful little uke and its magic.
The program will include more than a dozen performances on the big stage as well as workshops, mingling spaces and a bar open from around 3pm.
The Gang Gang Twang Festival will be held on Saturday the 6th of May 2017 at the Ainslie Arts Centre, 30 Elouera St Braddon in Canberra, and will kick off at 1pm and go until 7pm with performances from 1pm local and regional groups in the Main Hall.
The workshops will be given by local artists/tutors offering tips and techniques in diverse topics including:
· Blues – Michael Rosenberg
· Percusssion for uke groups – Percussionist Veronica Bailey
· Strumming – Dave O’Neill
· Singing – Moya Simpson of Shortis and Simpson and the Worldly Goods Choir
· Stagecraft – Moya Simpson
Just $15 per workshop, tickets available from 1:00pm, limit 40 people.
Great music, performance and workshops, terrific facilities, free parking and bar makes for a great event.
For more information, visit their website.