AINSLIE AND GORMAN ARTS CENTRES IS NOW AT STAGE 1– PARTIAL REOPENING
As we see an easing of COVID restrictions in the ACT we would like to share with you our 3-stage plan for safely reopening our centres to the community. Our first steps toward reopening are in-line with the National Cabinet’s safety recommendations and are subject to change according to any ACT health advice updates. The safety of our community is paramount, therefore we will remain cautious in our approach and schedule our reopening stages two weeks behind the ACT Government’s reopening plan.
Our first stage of easing restrictions will begin on Monday 1 June and includes the following measures:
- Gorman Arts Centre and administration partially reopens to the public
- Access is available to residents, staff, suppliers and approved venue hirers
- Venues and restaurant may reopen up to a limit of 10 people, while still abiding by the 4sqm/pp rule.
- Increased cleaning measures for all parts of the centre that are being used.
- Ainslie Arts centre will remain closed.
You will be provided with full details on the new hiring protocols during the booking process or through consultation with our Facilities Team.
Stage 2 is due to roll out from 15 June, if it is safe to do so.
Our full plan is available to download below.
We encourage you to read the plan in full and stay tuned to our social media for any further operational changes.
Please note that we are still operating with only essential staff onsite, however staff working from home are still able to be contacted via email.
While these new measures come into effect, we will continue to ask the following:
- All visitors to be screened at reception and must sign-in with contact details.
- All centre users must abide by the hand sanitation and hygiene protocols
- Stay home if you are displaying cold or flu-like symptoms
- Provide evidence of medical clearance if; you have recovered from COVID-19; or have been a close contact of a COVID-19 patient
If you have cold or flu-like symptoms please stay home, our diverse community does include higher risk demographics, so we ask that you help them stay safe and well. Remember to stay 1.5 meters apart and wash your hands with soap for a minimum of 2 minutes.
Our suite of previous A+G COVID-19 documents can be downloaded below: